Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Winter in the ROK

I live in a very romantic neighborhood. Boutiques and coffee shops line the streets. There are couples hand in hand everywhere you look. It also has some wonderful bars for us single people too :)

The streets are mostly cut off from traffic and you would think it would be clear of ice and snow to keep up the romantic "let's stroll around in love" vibe. This is not true.

I am slipping and sliding all over the place. This seems to be true of everywhere I go.
7-11 opened on Cafe Street and although it really ruins the overall ambiance of the street..well at least they shovel their sidewalks. We can give them that!




Also, I love safety in this country. When you go ice skating you have to wear a helmet and arm pads, but when you walk down the street you may easily pass under moving cranes without so much as safety tape to protect you. So fascinating!




No comments:

Post a Comment