Sunday, February 3, 2013

Wonderful little Korean Weekend

This was one of those weekends that was just perfect. Nothing outstanding happened, but everything just went as it should. It started Friday night with the usual shenanigans at Gecko's. I am very excited about Gecko's because I kind of adopted the bar. They are a western bar, but are owned by limited English speaking Koreans. They didn't have a Facebook page and other little things that would make the bar amazing. It is a huge space with a terrace and a view. I just love it. I am working with the Bundang Social Group to put on their Valentine's day party. I love to plan parities. My mind loves to run with a good theme. I had fun brainstorming ideas with them. The next day, I had Subway sandwiches. (I love how I think that is blog worthy!) With Starbucks here, I am slowly doing the same things as I did in Chicago on Bryn Mawr. The Subway sandwich surprisingly tasted like Subway. That is always a nice thing.

That evening was interesting. I wrote a little piece for Kimchibytes. It is an awesome blog about living in Korea. This article is to encourage 30 somethings to not factor age when moving here. I couldn't agree more and wrote a typically personal of me post about my experience. He wanted to have a photo shoot with each of the contributors. I had to pick a place in Seoul that represented me. This was challenging, but I finally picked my favorite wall art in Gangnam station called Flow. It was colorful, bright, and always makes me smile when I pass it. It also looked good up against my bright red coat! I am not a shy person, but getting your picture taking is very invasive. I love having my pictures taking with friends...but I took forever ever to get comfortable. Poor Brent! He was amazing and I am so glad that Sara came to help and be supportive. I will let you know when the pictures come out. I am really excited!!

Here is the link!!



http://kimchibytes.com/2013/02/25/ellen-sidorski-never-too-old-for-wanderlust/



I was ready for the wine buffet, so Sara and I went over to the Intercontinental hotel. They had red, white, and rose choices and a wonderful buffet of food. There were so many westerners there, but It was more than nice to sit down with Sara and get to know her. She is Australian and has been here only three weeks. Next stop? Bunker. Bunker is my ideal nightlife experience. Every race is present. There is Jenga and buckets of liquor. What I love most is everyone is friendly. No snobbiness here! The music is also the cheesy Britney Spears and Usher type music that I still love. (Guilty pleasure!) Mandy and a few other friends met us there. Always so much fun with this group!

Sunday was all about relaxing and another meeting to plan for the Valentine's day party. The weekend continues to be wonderful as we had an hour snow delay for school, so I am in the new Starbucks blogging, people watching, and listening to Norah Jones on Starbucks radio. Now my girl Beth Orton came on! What a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment