Two weekends were especially memorable. It wasn't because we were at a stunning mountain top or a gorgeous temple... it was well... let me explain. In Iteawon (the foreign area of Seoul) there is a hotel with a pool called Hamilton Hotel. This pool has a W20,000 entrance fee. It also charges for chairs and towels. Seems pretty ridiculous, but I recommend everyone go once. The people watching is insane. It was so crowded by the time we got to the pool. We found a place where we could sit by the side and put our feet in. Sara and Melissa, earlier in the week, found a fantastic article about how men can pick up women at the Hamilton Pool. It stressed that you should show dominance in the pool. It recommended commanding the giant inner tube as a start. We witnessed this right away. Macho Army guys drinking beer in the pool as girls hop on and off. 75% of the people at the pool seemed to have a tattoo. We were also struck by how white their faces were, but how tan they let their bodies be. Korean
women openly reapplied their makeup after dipping in the pool. My favorite girl wore 3 inch heels, had a large red rose tattoo on her thigh, red lipstick, false eyelashes, and a big beautiful red bow in her hair. She sashayed to and fro. Awesome, but by far my favorite part of the day was when a group of very very fit Korean men in speedos and swim trunks were at the pool. They actually had a spot where they could lie down, but they chose to stand, flex, apply suntan lotion on each other; and basically make the girls and I giggle all afternoon. Ridiculous!
The second "naughty" night happened on a Wednesday night. My friends and I eat at this awesome chicken place often. The lady decided to give us tickets to a Korean comedy troupe near the Hyehwa stop. It was called the "Hot Show." (Little did we know.) I was nervous because I sometimes get attention at these types of things. I don't speak Korean and didn't want to be embarrassed. We got seats at the back of the theatre, but right away they called us out and told Monica something about her translating skills. When it came to audience participation they said my side automatically won because I am Western. There was one skit that was particularly hilarious and I laughed so hard. The comedian called me out again and said it was the only time I laughed all night. He was joking, of course, because I laughed almost the whole time. The guys are very muscular and let is show. Many of the skits didn't include language and many others were dance numbers. I understood a lot more than I thought I would. The weird part was at one point the guy was making sexual innuendoes at the crowd, which was hilarious in context. Then he goes behind a curtain and strips down to black briefs. He then does an incredible pole dance and then returns back to the comedy set. Monica and I look at each other in shock and wondered what exactly just happened there??? It was hilarious and awesome! We got to take pictures with them after the show. I recommend it to anyone who understands Korean. They were very very funny.


No comments:
Post a Comment